Lean Selection shaft - Cylindrical grinding machines
Functional and economical
The Lean Selection shaft is an economical machine concept for grinding flutes and flat surfaces and for diameter machining with multiple grinding wheels. It grinds in combined operations in straight and/or in angled infeed operations.
- Rough and finish grinding in a single clamping set-up, saving time and increasing accuracy.
- High rate of utilization thanks to CBN abrasive and oil (optionally emulsion) as a coolant.
- Proven CBN grinding technology with cutting speeds of up to 140 m/s and high feed rates, resulting in short cycle times.
- JUNKER 3-point mounting interface for fast changeover and excellent grinding wheel concentricity.
- HF high-power grinding spindle (42 kW drive capacity) is extremely low-maintenance thanks to lifetime lubrication and air seal.
- Ergonomical machine concept with automatic or manual loading from above.
- Sophisticated, high-performance, user-friendly CNC controls.
- The work piece program can be created directly at the controller or at an external programming station.
- High dimensional accuracy due to in-process measurement.
Grinding process descriptions
Straight infeed grinding
Angled infeed grinding
Technical data: Lean Selection shaft
- Grinding Length
- 500 mm
- Clamping Length
- 500 mm
- Component Weight
- 15 kg
- WxDxH mm (without peripherals)
- 3340 x 2815 x 2120
Equipment and Options
- CONTROL SYSTEM
The Erwin Junker Operator Panel was specifically developed to control grinding machines. All machine components are controlled using the operator panel – irrespective of the series and the used control system. The identical structure, intuitive menu guidance and visualization of the workpiece geometry make for extreme user convenience and flexibility in operation. Programming takes place directly using the operator panel or an external programming tool.
Depending on the application, the abrasive CBN or diamond is used. The basic bodies of the grinding wheels comprise steel or carbon. In conjunction with CBN, it can make sense to use a carbon base body: It is light, has vibration-damping properties and remains dimensionally stable even at high speeds.
- MACHINE BED
The machine bed made of mineral cast provides impressive damping behavior and torsional rigidity. The temperature stability allows fluctuations in the ambient temperature to be compensated with a minimum of effort, ensuring a high level of dimensional stability throughout the whole day.
- DRESSING UNIT
Grinding wheel dressing is CNC controlled. A driven diamond dressing wheel or a workpiece-dependent diamond profile roller can be used. Dressing takes place manually or using an automatic dressing program with grinding wheel compensation.
- LOADING SYSTEMS
JUNKER offers both internal and external loading systems for all its machine series, depending on customer and workpiece requirements. The loading systems can be combined with different infeed and discharge systems such as conveyor belts or custom tailored systems.
- FIRE PROTECTION AND LTA AIR FILTERS
In case of an fire, the machine interior is automatically hermetically sealed, suffocating a fire before it has a chance to spread. If required, extinguishers (CO² or water mist systems) and exhaust air purification systems can be additionally installed. A competent partner for fire protection and filtration solution solutions is LTA Lufttechnik GmbH, which also belongs to the JUNKER Group and which researches, develops and produces filtration systems for industrial air purification.
- MEARSUREMENT SYSTEMS
The measurement systems are also individually adjusted to the various workpieces and customer specifications. The measurement processes entail evaluating the recorded measured values and utilizing them for measurement correction in line with the prepared measurement strategy. A grinding wheel measuring system to determine the diameter, axial position and width of the grinding wheel completes the wide range of systems on offer.
- Starter shaft
- Drive shaft
- Excentric shaft
- Gear shaft
- Piston pin
- Piston ring
- Motor shaft
- Pump piston
- Pump pinion
- Pinion shaft
- Roller Bearings
- Worm wheel
- Worm shaft
- Stator shaft
- Turbine shaft
- Rolling element
- Tool holder
- Tool Blank
- Gear rod
- Cylinder rollers