Lean Selection cam - Non-circular grinding machines
Economical and precise camshaft grinding
The Lean Selection cam is an economical and flexible machine concept for grinding camshafts in any lot size. The wheelhead can be fitted with up to two high-capacity grinding spindles, and the swiveling B-axis allows parts to be rough and finish-ground in a single clamping set-up. The Lean Selection cam CBN non-cylindrical grinding machine features userfriendly controls, minimal processing times and a high rate of availability.
- Grinding with CBN grinding wheels
- Circumferential speed of 140 m/s
- Wheelhead with up to two high-capacity grinding spindles
- Fast changeovers
- High rate of availability
- Minimal auxiliary times
- Easy to operate
- Wide range of services
Grinding process descriptions
Efficient camshaft production
- Performs rough and finish grinding in a single clamping set-up, which saves time and increases accuracy
- Design targeted for noncircular grinding, significantly boosting productivity
- High rate of utilization with CBN abrasive and oil coolant (emulsion optional)
- Proven CBN grinding technology with cutting speeds up to 140 m/s and high feed rates, resulting in fast cycle times
- JUNKER 3-point mounting interface for fast changeover and excellent grinding wheel concentricity
- High-frequency, high performance grinding spindle (42 kW drive capacity) with extremely low-maintenance thanks to lifetime lubrication and air seal
- Ergonomical machine concept with the option of manual loading
- Sophisticated, high-tech, user-friendly CNC controls
JUNKER standard bore guarantees maximal accuracy and extremely fast tooling times
The JUNKER standard bore is featured on the wheelhead and workhead and reduces the machine‘s tooling times.
- Fast changeover and tooling times (under 2 min. for centers, under 20 min. for grinding wheels)
- Easy to mount
- Optimal centering
- Axially mounted with screwed-on grinding wheel flange, allowing changeover in rotational direction
- Concentricity 2/1000 mm
Technical data: Lean Selection cam cam
- Grinding Length
- 500 mm
- Clamping Length
- 500 mm
- Center Height
- 150 mm
- Component Weight
- 15 kg
- WxDxH mm (without peripherals)
- 3340 x 2660 x 2325
- 12000 kg
Equipment and Options
- CONTROL SYSTEM
The Erwin Junker Operator Panel was specifically developed to control grinding machines. All machine components are controlled using the operator panel – irrespective of the series and the used control system. The identical structure, intuitive menu guidance and visualization of the workpiece geometry make for extreme user convenience and flexibility in operation. Programming takes place directly using the operator panel or an external programming tool.
Depending on the application, the abrasive CBN or diamond is used. The basic bodies of the grinding wheels comprise steel or carbon. In conjunction with CBN, it can make sense to use a carbon base body: It is light, has vibration-damping properties and remains dimensionally stable even at high speeds.
- LOADING SYSTEMS
JUNKER offers both internal and external loading systems for all its machine series, depending on customer and workpiece requirements. The loading systems can be combined with different infeed and discharge systems such as conveyor belts or custom tailored systems.
- MEARSUREMENT SYSTEMS
The measurement systems are also individually adjusted to the various workpieces and customer specifications. The measurement processes entail evaluating the recorded measured values and utilizing them for measurement correction in line with the prepared measurement strategy. A grinding wheel measuring system to determine the diameter, axial position and width of the grinding wheel completes the wide range of systems on offer.
- DRESSING UNIT
Grinding wheel dressing is CNC controlled. A driven diamond dressing wheel or a workpiece-dependent diamond profile roller can be used. Dressing takes place manually or using an automatic dressing program with grinding wheel compensation.
- MACHINE BED
The machine bed made of mineral cast provides impressive damping behavior and torsional rigidity. The temperature stability allows fluctuations in the ambient temperature to be compensated with a minimum of effort, ensuring a high level of dimensional stability throughout the whole day.
- FIRE PROTECTION AND LTA AIR FILTERS
In case of an fire, the machine interior is automatically hermetically sealed, suffocating a fire before it has a chance to spread. If required, extinguishers (CO² or water mist systems) and exhaust air purification systems can be additionally installed. A competent partner for fire protection and filtration solution solutions is LTA Lufttechnik GmbH, which also belongs to the JUNKER Group and which researches, develops and produces filtration systems for industrial air purification.
As an option, self-centering three-point steadies ensure stable support. Tracking hydraulic jaws guarantee a balanced ratio of forces at all three support points, and with it a grinding process with repeat accuracy.
- Pump cam